Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Music Genome Project Blog

Part I: Post your Music Genome Project to your blog (not a link), reflect on your project, and answer the following questions in complete sentences:



Part II:
1. A) Identify your chosen musical genre
- I chose the genre Disney show tunes.
    B) say why you chose it.
- I chose Disney show tunes because it is a very popular genre.  There are many songs, tunes, and genres within it. There is a very wide variety of the music.

2. Describe how you went about finding your songs and information.
- I researched Disney movies. I especially looked into the older cartoons, because they are the more musical ones.

3. What different kinds of technology did you use to compile your project? [Web tools, Mac tools, etc...]
- I used Keynote, Garageband, iMovie, iTunes, and iPhoto. I used zamzar to convert all of my music and my video.

4. What are you good at...what went well for you in this project?
- It was easy to choose the music and get it put together in Garageband. Creating the actual iMovie was also a fairly easy task once I had all of my sources, pictures, music, and informational slides.

5. With what did you struggle on this project...what was difficult for you?
- What I struggled with the most was probably finding the history. Since it didn't really "develop" anywhere, besides in a studio in Los Angeles, there wasn't any culture or conversions to it.

6. Did you decide to use still slides? Why or why not? [If not, how did you convey your information?
- For some of my slides I did use still slides, there was so much information in them that I thought it would be easiest for the reader to just have it infront of them and it to not be moving. For a few short slides I did you ken burns effects. It added more creativity and variety to the movie.

7. For what other classes, situations, uses could this type of project be adapted?
- This project could be used for many other situations, such as in biology, a report on an animal or parts of a cell. It could also be used for a how to speech in speech class.

8. How did your project use the transformative property of borrowed images, music, and information to comply with the Copyright Law of 1976? [...not just that you cited the information, etc., but how did you transform the music, information, images, etc.]
- I used zamzar to convert all of my music from the internet (mostly YouTube) to my iTunes and from there into Garageband. All of the sources were then saved and cited. Images were also saved from the internet, probably searched on Google Images, and then saved and cited. Along with the information, I used Google to start my research and went from there.

9. Would you do another project like this on your own? Why? Why not?
- Yes I would. It was a fairly simple assignment, it just took a lot of time. It is great to be able to watch all of your information, music, and pictures fall together with the finished project and it puts the focal points of your project into a clear visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment